- It's generally accepted that using the archive with some common sense and common courtesy you will be just fine but to clarify we will not tolerate any discrimination or hateful behaviour against any users/members of the site, cast/crew of the show or character-bashing. Be respectful.
- Submissions do not need a disclaimer as we already have a blanket disclaimer in the site footer. However, if your story has original content such as poetry or lyrics you've written you may like to add an additional story specific disclaimer in the story notes. Sample DisclaimerDisclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
- Stories must be submitted to the proper category. If there is an appropriate sub-category, do not try to add your story to the main category ? all main categories are locked with exceptions of General and Crossovers. The submission form allows you to choose multiple categories for your story, please select the appropriate categories/sub-categories, as well as the relevant genre tags for it. Please do NOT add your story multiple times
- Stories with multiple chapters should be archived as such and NEVER as separate stories. Upload the first chapter of your story, then go to Manage Stories in your account to add additional chapters. If you have trouble with this, please contact the site administrator or ask a friend to help you.
- Titles and summaries must be kid friendly. No exceptions. "Please read", "Untitled", etc. are also not acceptable titles or summaries. We expect at least a basic description of the fanfic e.g. ?Nick's Thoughts? Episode tag for 1x03, Nick based.
- Stories submitted must be proof/betaread at the very least. Administrators reserve the right to remove/reject stories with an inordinate amount of spelling/grammar and/or formatting/categorisation errors/mistakes. If English is not your native language or you have problems with spelling and/or grammar please obtain a beta reader, though we heavily recommend all authors do so anyway. You can find potential betareaders through the members list here.
- All stories must be rated correctly and have the appropriate warnings. All adult rated stories are expected to have warnings. We recognize that there is an audience for these stories, but please respect those who do not wish to read them by labeling them appropriately. Also, importantly, you must not submit anything rated higher than you would legally be allowed to read, e.g. if you are under 16 then you should not post a M (16+) or MA (18+) story/reccomended item etc and if you are 16 or over but not yet 18 then you should not post anything MA (18+).
- No underage relationships are allowed, i.e relationships between an adult and a minor. We take age of a minor as under 18 and age of an adult as 18. Between a 16-18 year old and someone of similar age would be allowed - as long as not explicit - but pairing a 30-40 year old character with a 16 year old is strictly not allowed. Age gaps are understandable but we will not accept large age gaps for relationships with characters under 18, nor graphic portrayal of relationships for under 18 year olds even if paired with similarly aged partner. Hopefully this is fairly clear, if not please contact us for clarification before posting anything that you're not certain of.
- No Real Person fiction is allowed with exception of authors writing themselves into stories (which we hope would only be done in parodies ? Mary/Gary Stu's are no fun unless deliberate). Actor/actress stories are not permitted...not even if they're visiting an alternate reality. Brief cameos or mentions of famous people are allowed but should not be the main focus of the story, nor should you make any slanderous reference to their character or personal life.
- Relevant for crossover fics only. A number of authors have requested that fans refrain from writing fanfiction based on their work. Therefore submissions will not be accepted based on the works of P.N. Elrod, Raymond Feist, Terry Goodkind, Laurell K. Hamilton, Anne McCaffrey, Robin McKinley, Irene Radford, Anne Rice, and Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb.
- As much as possible, spoiler warnings are expected on all stories ? we have special tags for these. Spoilers are mandatory for the current season and we expect warnings for the most recent episode the story relates to, as well as any previous e.g. Episode 2x02 and All of Season 1. Please also state spoiler warnings for any crossover media, these should be included in the story or chapter notes. An appropriate spoiler warning would be: Spoilers for Episode 2x02. DO NOT do anything like this: Spoilers for the one where Character X dies.
- All stories submitted must be your own work - plagiarism of others work will not be tolerated. Though fanfiction the stories are still considered copyright of the writer with exception of the disclaimer clauses. Therefore such an offence will result in banning and removal of members account. Songfics and quoting of other sources are allowed, but there must be more original work than the quoted source/lyrics - we urge authors to use quotes sparingly, only when they make a point.
Submissions found to be in violation of these rules may be removed and the author's account suspended at the discretion of the site administrators and/or moderators. The site administrators reserve the right to modify these rules as needed. If you have any problems with the system or questions about these rules please refer to the help section or contact us
In case of a site failure we strongly recommend authors keep several copies of their story files. We will not be held responsible for backing up content of this site, though we endeavour to do so regulary, therefore you should ALWAYS keep a copy of any submissions.